Why use API v3
Why API v3 is our best yet
We wanted API v3 to improve on v2 in every possible way. We listened to our customers: we saw what could be clearer, what could be removed, and what could be simplified.
API v3 isn’t a step change, but it is an evolution. It’s designed to get you up and running with our best-in-class identity verification API faster.
(If you’re an existing customer currently using API v2 but migrating to API v3, you may find our migration guide more useful.)
Compared to API v2, we’ve simplified much of our endpoint structure, removed some inconsistencies in naming, and separated the report objects—which correspond to individual products—from check objects to make them more straightforward to process.
Fields for applicant creation which were duplicated or unnecessary have been
removed, and the array
addresses has become the single object
nested inside applicant objects. This is now the only place you need to
specify a country for an applicant.
Checks, made up of reports, are the core of our product. Here are the main examples of how we’ve made check creation more streamlined:
- API v3 removes terminology such as “report type groups”, “variants” and “asynchronous checks”
- Specifying which report you need is now more straightforward, via an array called report_names
- If you need to gather applicant information with our applicant form, simply use a Boolean switch in API v3
- Unless you specify otherwise, report data is returned as soon as it’s available by default for API v3 checks
- The request structure for creating a check is much simpler, and needs fewer lines of code each time
Our newest report, Facial Similarity Photo Fully Auto, is only available in API v3. You can read all about it in our comprehensive API v3 reference documentation.
For API v3, we’re moving away from API client (wrapper) libraries generated from an OpenAPI specification. Since we went live with v3, we’ve released custom-written libraries for it in Java, Node.js, and Ruby. Python is coming soon.
If you have any feedback or if you have any questions, contact our Client Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.